Last modified: April 4, 2016
Live Vicarious, Inc (“Live Vicarious,” “Vicarious,” “us” or “we”) respects your privacy. This policy applies to the website livevicarious.com, and any other websites, applications or services offered by Live Vicarious (collectively, the “Service”). “You” refers to the user of or visitor to the Service. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use the Service and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect through the Service and in email and other electronic messages between you and the Service. This policy does not apply to information collected by (i) us offline or through any other means or any third party; or (ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Service.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Service, including information: (i) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, billing information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); (ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your Internet connection, the hardware or software you use to access the Service and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through or use the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide payment information before placing an order through the Service. Please note, however, that the Service will not store your financial information; instead, it is transmitted to our payment processor which may use your financial information for the purpose of processing payment and facilitating your transaction with the Service.
- Your search queries in the Service.
You also may provide content or other information to be published or displayed on the Service (such as videos or comments), or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Your user name on the Service will be visible to other users of the Service. Accordingly, if your user name is your personal name or otherwise contains personal information, it will necessarily be disclosed to all users of the Service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you visit and interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your hardware, software, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information. It helps us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Service and its functions and contents to you, and to maintain and enhance the Service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we think you will find relevant, including ads and marketing messages.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Service.
- To contact you about your use of the Service, including any customer service issues.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Service.
- To allow us to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and similar laws and rules.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business for use only in connection with the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Service, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Live Vicarious. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote products or services related to Live Vicarious or the Service, you can opt-out by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Service users.
We use commercially reasonable measures designed to preserve your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Service.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Also, we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service (such as in comments). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
We will provide notice of changes to this policy by updating the modification date at the beginning of this page. If we make changes to this policy which include materially diminish any restrictions on our ability to use or disclose your personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account with the Service or through a notice elsewhere on the Service. You are responsible for ensuring we have a current and deliverable email address for you.